Gojomo

2005-05-26
Letter to NYTimes, take 2

To: nytnews@nytimes.com
To: public@nytimes.com
Subject: Plagiarism of my work in your paper


Editors:

Last month, I sent an email to your corrections address, CC'd to your public editor, about the uncredited use of an illustration I created in your paper. (Message appended below.)

If the omission of customary attribution was an honest mistake, I would expect a correction and brief explanation. If it were a careless oversight, I would expect a correction and apology. If anyone on your staff passed off my work as their own, I would expect a correction and appropriate disciplinary measures.

But no matter the cause, or corrective measures you deem appropriate, a response other than the automated form letters my mail generated is warranted.

Thank you for your consideration,

Gordon Mohr
gojomo.blogspot.com

[original letter]
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment