Gojomo

2006-02-10
CodeCon 2006: With Extreme Prejudice

As an experiment in attention, I'll be writing my impressions of CodeCon sessions this year, but with a twist: I'll be publishing judgements about sessions before attending, using only the official description and online presences of the presenting projects.

No, it's not quite fair. It may in cases be prejudicial and wrongheaded.

But it's rare for a demo's information content to exceed what's already published about a project. I can read faster than presenters can talk, and I can also usually fill in the blanks and anticipate the questions and answers before they come up.

For those rare (and treasured!) cases where the session actually adds some new insight (or corrects an earlier misimpression), I'll append an update to my prior writeups. And so here goes...

Technorati Tags: ,


Comments: Post a Comment